ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu-NGO - Some points for discussion...

Hi Daniel

(sorry for the lond delay in response, been traveling the last 6 weeks
or so)

Daniel Holbach wrote:
>  - Regions without Internet: No Ubuntu packages, how to deal with
> Offline Content (Wikipedia for schools: schools-wikipedia.org, Project
> Gutenberg)

I'm very interested in this part as well. I'm also willing to send out
Ubuntu mirrors to bandwidth deprived areas for the cost of the media and
the shipping. I'll go find out more about other content that may be
useful for bandwidth deprived areas. I'm also working with the Breadbin
guys on some things for the Freedom Toasters. They have some nice ideas
for content distribution as well

[1] http://breadbin.co.za/
[2] http://freedomtoaster.co.za/

-Jonathan