ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

Open Source workshops in melbourne, australia

Hey everyone, don't know if any of you are in Australia, but we're starting up a series of training sessions on Linux (specifically Ubuntu) for NGO's, here's the details, maybe you can spread the word!

The Australian Centre for Democracy and Justice, in conjunction with Chincilla Media,
are running a series of workshops to promote open source
software and it's various applications in a variety of fields.

The full details of the workshops that we will be running at CERES Environment Park are now avaiable:

Open Source for NGO's and Small businesses, CERES Environment park, East Brunswick

12th September
10th October
14th November

Time: 1 - 4pm
Cost: $25 / $15
Visit www.ceres.org.au or email us to register

We will also be running some workshops as part of the Digital Fringe
Festival at the Horse Bazaar which will focus on the production of
media and creative arts with open source technologies. Once the full
details of these are know we will let you know.

About the Workshops:

The world of free, open source and community developed technologies is
rapidly expanding, offering massive potential for free and low cost
solutions, saving money and supporting collaborative projects run by
enthusiasts around the globe.

Despite recent widespread adoption of Open Source technologies, the
world is still a confusing one, clouded by jargon and stalwart tech
heads resenting letting newbies in.

The arts, non-profit and small business worlds could especially
benefit from adopting some of the hundreds of tools out there, not
only to help frequently tight budgets but to also encourage the work
of similarly minded people in a different medium. The workshop intends
to guide participants through the pitfalls of adopting open source
technology, outlining the problems, difficulties and solutions in a
friendly and understandable way, presented by individuals who have
been through the same experiences and are knowledgeable in the worlds
of art, running non-profits / small businesses and technology.

We hope to see you there!

Follow ups