ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

Pods & Blogs Talks Cuba Connectivity

Colleagues,

I wanted to highlight that BBC Radio 5 Live's program Pods & Blogs took
a look at connectivity in Cuba.  Considering the economic embargo that
remains in force against Cuba, it seems that little has changed in terms
of tech possibilities since the folks at the American Radio Relay League
published an article on the matter in the 1990s.

You can locate the post and file for this particular episode here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/podsandblogs/2009/09/cuba_online_blogging_citjo_and.shtml

I must offer the disclaimer that I haven't had the chance to listen to
it yet.  It is a fresh download in my podcatcher and life on a working
farm can keep me away from a keyboard for long spells.  If things remain
on track from the ARRL's articles in the 1990s, I suspect there will be
some discussion of spit & bailing wire deployment of technology.

SMK
--
Stephen Michael Kellat, MSLS
+1 702 714 0397 (message phone)