ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

Ubuntu NGO Paper Jams - Feedback needed

Aloha!

Following on from the mail I sent the other day re discussions at UDS,
one topic I'm getting around to following up this week is the concept of
*paper jams*.   You may have read in the last cycle the 100 paper cuts
set up  by the design team, it was pretty amazing to read.

It got me thinking about issues with NGOs that aren't bugs, but do
effect one another and how best I could work on them after I highlight
them in the interviews.

I spoke with Ivanka who works with the design team asking her for some
guidance as I hadn't a clue where to start and we came up with Paper
Jams, something that is bigger than a paper cut!

So I'm asking you, as there are a good few NGOs on this mailing list for
some ideas please! lets not be shy and not answer the mail!

/Step 1: point me at a case study for an NGO and I big it up on my blog
and ubuntu designers twitter and my twitter etc. I will rope the rest of
my team into it too/. - This has been done and I've shown Ivanka one of
the interviews I covered.

*Step 2*: In the meantime we get together a list of problems we want to
sort out. Let's have a bigger list that we publish and then choose one
we want to get behind. - THIS is where I need you, the Ubuntu NGO teams
_*feed back*_ PLEASE!!

*Step 3*: Depending what issues we choose we hassle all the people we
need to to get it sorted. If we go with the Server documentation one
then we ask for documentation person/help or for translation. We coax
and push and write blog posts that encourage and praise.

Let's see what we can do in this Lucid Cycle!

Laura

--

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski
http://www.lczajkowski.com