ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

Re: Schooltool in natty

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm very glad to announce that through a combined effort of Schooltool
> upstream developers, some Ubuntu NGO members and some other Ubuntu
> developers we got schooltool into the archive in natty.

Also on the SchoolTool/NGO front:

* SchoolTool is an integral part of the server that's shipped with
Intel Classmate laptop deployments.  This is not Ubuntu but a custom
server put together by a company called Critical Links.  There are
quite a few large Classmate deployments both in Europe and the
developing world.

* OLE Nepal has put together Fedora packages that they plan to pilot
with OLPC deployments in Nepal and Rwanda.

* We've been working with the Open Institute NGO in Cambodia to create
a customized version of SchoolTool (on Ubuntu) for Cambodia which we
hope to start piloting Soon, with plans for a national deployment to
Cambodian high schools.

--Tom