ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

Kickstarting Ubuntu Haiti, an invitation to 2 days of workshops in Grand Goave

Hi all

I arrived last week and will be another 3 days in Grand Goâve, Haiti
(~1h from Port-au-Prince, give or take), where I am installing and
setting up a small network of 2 administrative computers and a lab of
~25, plus printers and wireless access points at Centre St-François
d'Assise, part of the Clercs of Viators community. It's located here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=18.428585&mlon=-72.769852&zoom=18&layers=M

I previously worked at Canonical as a Senior Support Analyst. Part of my
job there was also training OEM customers in hardware support, desktop,
server and hardware troubleshooting. More about me here (click on
LinkedIn for professional info):
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MagicFab

Things evolved rapidly from just setting up the lab and training the few
technicians and teachers here to opening the space to the community,
and, of course, kickstarting the Ubuntu Haiti team. Today and tomorrow
we're holding day-long workshops, training and presentations to anyone
that will come.

There no specific schedule other than a presentation at 2PM today so if
you or someone you know is near Port au Prince, please do let them know
about this renewed activity here.

Here are some useful links you may want to share:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HaitianTeam
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/952/detail/

I have limited INternet access and time but any questions are welcome :)
Keep it short!

Cheers,

Fabian

--