ubuntu-packaging-guide-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~jr/ubuntu-packaging-guide/fixes into lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide

 - Why do you remove the section about libvigraimpex?
 - the section following "Then determine the source package corresponding to this binary package::" seems to have been correct before.

apt-cache show <package> gives different results if the binary package has the same or a different name than the source package.  So I replaced it with apt-cache showsrc <package> which acts the same in both cases, so the libvigraimpex case is no longer needed.

 - bzr commit instead of debcommit? (debcommit does much more than just 'bzr commit')

>From bzr 2.4 and bzr-builddeb 2.7.5 bzr commit now magically takes the commit message from debian/changelog too, the feeling among UDD developers is it's better to use bzr commands to keep things consistent.

 - Do you think it makes sense to have two copies of the knowledge base article index?

No, I'll remove that

 - Why do you leave the link to intrepid and remove the link to natty? (line 419)

Intrepid is used in the doc as an example of a past release.  I removed references to Natty as an example of a current development release because it's confusing since it not a current development release.

I don't think the links to release wiki pages are very important either way.

 - Is "bzr tag" necessary nowadays?

Yes it tags with the current release version.  bzr mark-uploaded is now no longer needed.

 - Why do you remove the "update-maintainer" bits?

As agreed with barry this isn't a good place to include it, I'll file a bug to add it back elsewhere such as the debian/ directory introduction page.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jr/ubuntu-packaging-guide/fixes/+merge/67951
Your team Ubuntu Packaging Guide Team is subscribed to branch lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide.