ubuntu-packaging-guide-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~barry/ubuntu-packaging-guide/udd-update into lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide

Thanks so much, this is great to bring it up to date  and improve the docs.

I've read through it.  It's easy to miss things with just a
line-by-line diff, but I think there's just a few tweaks.

> +    $ bzr merge debianlp:squeeze/tomboy

missing a space there

It may be worth mentioning people need bzr and its plugins from either
Oneiric (Precise?), or from the bzr ppa, to get all the features you
describe.

+    $ bzr merge debianlp:squeeze/tomboy

How does 'debianlp:' differ from 'debian:'?  Maybe you could explain?

-.. This section seems a bit too casual, and assumes to much prior
knowledge (re: use of "of course").
-
-You could of course just use `dh_make(8)` to get things going, or you could
-use `bzr dh-make`.  The latter might provide some benefits, and can be run
-like so from inside your branch::
+You could use the `dh_make` command to get things going, or similiarly the
+`bzr dh-make`.  The latter might provide some benefits, and can be run like so
+from inside your branch::

should be double-backticks.

+ The
+``bzr tag`` command will do this for you automatically::

    $ bzr tag

That is good to mention but perhaps for clarity you should say it does
this when you give it no argument.

Thanks, Martin

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~barry/ubuntu-packaging-guide/udd-update/+merge/90976
Your team Ubuntu Packaging Guide Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~barry/ubuntu-packaging-guide/udd-update into lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide.