ubuntu-packaging-guide-team team mailing list archive

[Merge] lp:~mitya57/ubuntu-packaging-guide/anonymous-links into lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide

The proposal to merge lp:~mitya57/ubuntu-packaging-guide/anonymous-links into lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide has been updated.

Description changed to:

ReStructuredText supports three types of links:

- Inline references:

  `Link text goes here <http://example.com>`_

- Referencing by link text:

  `Link text goes here`_

  .. _`Link text goes here`: http://example.com

- Referencing by label (email-style, aka anonymous links).

  `Link text goes here <FOO_>`_

  .. _FOO: http://example.com

The second type is currently most commonly used in the packaging guide, but such links are impossible to translate.

This MP changes links of second type (and some of the first type) to the third one. Please review carefully.

Note that I didn't touch the Python Packaging page because it is too outdated and I'm considering removing it.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~mitya57/ubuntu-packaging-guide/anonymous-links/+merge/218192
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mitya57/ubuntu-packaging-guide/anonymous-links/+merge/218192
Your team Ubuntu Packaging Guide Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mitya57/ubuntu-packaging-guide/anonymous-links into lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide.