Re: "Ubuntu Phone Core Apps Project" questions

On 01/24/2013 03:47 PM, Николай Шатохин wrote:
Is it has design recommendations like Android or iOS?

There are no official guidelines yet , but here's some tips out of the wiki for the core applications ( https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuPhone/CoreApps/Design ) :

 * Always include a human-readable name for the app at the top (for
   example 'Events' in the image above).  [1]
 * While swiping is fine inside an app, never ever depend on swiping
   from the edges - the edges are reserved for the main phone OS.
 * Functionality that relates to each screen (e.g. adding a calendar
   event to a calendar) should be accessible from the menu that appears
   when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen. In your designs
   just add this menu at the bottom of the screen and indicate this.
 *

   A core design value is that we /focus as much as possible/ on
   content without cluttering up the user interface with controls,
   sliders, buttons and other content. Please try to follow this same
   design principle in your designs.

 * Please only use controls that are supported by the SDK. This
   includes most common widgets such as buttons, scrollbars, tabs,
   labels etc.

[1] I guess that's only for the Core apps , it won't cope with my app for example

Petko