[design] rotation

At the moment the devices don't support rotation. I don't think rotation is the same thing as a window changing size and aspect ratio, I think there is a bit more to it than that. Some applications will want to be portrait only, some will want to be landscape only. Some may want to display a different UI in each orientation (like a calculator being 4 function in portrait and scientific in landscape). If there are multiple applications in the switcher list dragging from the right will drag across some in portrait and some in landscape, so you will have both on screen at the same time, at least partially. Do applications get their coordinate space remapped externally, so internally to the application it always thinks "up" is the same direction, or do applications get told to rotate themselves and have to figure out if they rotate by 90 or 270 degrees? What happens if you continuously slowly rotate the device, does it continue to rotate or jump backwards when you go past 360 degrees? Is there animation effects for the transition between orientation states? Are we going to support the mozilla html5 api extensions for orientation?

https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/QA/WebAPI_Test_Plan/Screen_Orientation

What happens when an application that wants to always be portrait ends up on a TV?

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk

Follow ups