Re: Android Removal

On 02/26/2013 02:29 PM, Veritatem Ignotam wrote:
I'm new to Ubuntu Touch and just starting my research now but I'm
curious... Are there any plans to remove reliance on an Android base?
There's just something that feels dirty about it.

If by "Android base" you mean the Linux kernel, graphics framebuffer, and hardware drivers, I'm curious what you think feels dirty about it.

It's been mentioned several times that the final product will use an Ubuntu kernel and will be compatible with Android hardware drivers. Since it's very early and the developer preview of Ubuntu Touch is provided to give application developers a chance to test their projects, I would suggest that you advocate for specific infrastructure changes instead of simply stating you don't like them.

Regards,
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines