Reporting bugs

Hello everybody,

since the Ubuntu Touch Developer Preview images were released, many
asked "where can we file bugs?". "Ubuntu Touch" is spread out over many
projects and the code base is moving very quickly, so it wasn't easy to
come up with a solution. Particularly as the basis of Ubuntu Touch will
soon move over to 'raring'.

We generally expect a large amount of feedback and will do our best to
go through it! We will need your help to get through it all, to make
sense of the reports, triage them and get them into the right place.

For general bugs, we want to use
https://bugs.launchpad.net/touch-preview-images/+filebug to open new bug
reports. Make sure you include the   /system/quantal-ubuntu_stamp   file
and the output of

  adb shell getprop ro.cm.device

otherwise your bug will very likely be useless. If possible, also
include the steps to reproduce, an automated testcase (if possible) and
the frequency of the bug. Generally, please try to do your best to make
sure you put enough information so we can track the hardware and build.

However, if you have bugs which concern the image tools (phablet-tools),
bug tracking is open and bugs are welcome; go to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/phablet-tools/+filebug to open a new bug.

If you want to help out with triaging bugs, that's great. Ask on IRC or
the mailing list if you're unsure. We've got to work all together on
this to make Ubuntu Touch truly rock!

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Stay up to date: follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com

Follow ups