Re: [SDK] Qt Quick 2 UI missing in QtCreator on Raring

Hello Octavian,

28.02.2013 02:48, Octavian Damiean kirjoitti:
> Basically what the title says. The Qt Quick 2 UI template seems to be
> missing in QtCreator's "New File or Project ..." dialog on Raring 64bit.
> Michael Hall told me that his QtCreator has it on Raring. What could
> cause this and is there a way to fix that?

I played around with it until I got the issue. It seems that on a clean
user Qt Creator does not autodetect Qt5 if both Qt 4 & 5 are installed,
or more precisely the qmake for both, including the Qt 4 which has the
symlink qmake-qt4.

So either go to Tools -> Options -> Build & Run -> Qt Versions -> Add...
and navigate to /usr/bin/qmake (if you have qt5 as the default), or I
also tested that if one removes qt4-qmake package Qt 5 again starts to
be auto-detected.

I filed bug #1135336 [1] for it, although it's probably an upstream bug
as well.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtcreator/+bug/1135336

-Timo