Music app.

Hi all,

I'm thinking about creating a music application. I'm in an early stage of learning to code for QML to begin with, but I have some concerns for the future.

I'm thinking about creating an application that really uses Rhythmbox as an backend, but using $ rhythmbox-client. Since its Ubuntus default music player, I mean. So just a easy UI with buttons for previous, next track, play/pause, stop, playlist and so on. Press a button and a flag to rhythmbox-client is sent.

What are you guys' thoughts on this? Is it possible to have rhythmbox running in the background instead of writing a completely new music player?

--
Vänlig hälsning / Yours sincerely,
  Daniel Holm

Follow ups