Re: ubuntu_chroot will cause power off device

On 03/12/2013 04:33 PM, Petr Bláha wrote:
Hi all,

last week I have spend a lot of time while investigating my problem with
porting Ubuntu Touch for Toshiba AC100. Today I have localised problem
in uchroot binary. I made small modification in ubunutu_chroot while
disabling execution of uchroot.

My situation :

I can boot myself compiled recovery and using it I can flash anything in
flash memory
using recovery I am flashing compiled minisystem and over it big one
from Ubuntu with Ubuntu Touch
15 - 20 seconds from boot my device always power off

After disabling uchroot "auto power-off" is gone and I can see ( using
adb shell ) all partitions mounted correctly also I can check various
log messages.

My LOGCAT = http://pastebin.com/Ax0JPCAG
My DMESG = http://pastebin.com/mGsuGfzR

My question is where to put focus to look for error?

Auto power off means the ubuntu container failed to start, and that could be related with a missing kernel config.

You can debug the issue by doing the following:
* Make sure your kernel config has the additional configs described at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting#Kernel * See if you're able to use the ubuntu rootfs chroot executing "adb root; adb shell; ubuntu_chroot shell" * See if you're able to start the container (with upstart), by executing "adb root; adb shell; ubuntu_chroot;"

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo