Re: [RSS][Facebook][Twitter][Google+] Thoughts on newsreaders

On 17/03/2013 21:59, Scott May wrote:
> Just on the "common messaging system" - I'm a little concerned about
> what information might get bundled in with other information.  For
> example, my SMS's are extremely important to me, as that's usually a
> contact directly dealing with only me about something, and probably
> needs some measure of priority.  Email is somewhat dilluted with junk.
> Likewise my Facebook/Twitter/etc feed is even more diluted with junk.
> RSS fits in amongst all that somewhere.  Other people may prioritise
> this information differently to me.

I understood that darkdragon wanted to make an example: like users want
in SMS app also Whatsapp messages and Facebook private messages, they
want also a news center. So we have two apps: one for private
conversation (SMS, call etc.), one for news, with RSS, public status
update from social network, etc.

In these app users can also apply filters, so they have control on
everything, but they haven't to launch 3/4 apps, one for service.

> I haven't had a chance yet to play with it yet, but the HTC One
> "BlinkFeed" might an example (good or bad?) on how to handle information
> feed.

Yes, sometimes like BlinkFeed, I suppose.

Regards,
--
Riccardo Padovani <rpadovani@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Launchpad ID: https://launchpad.net/~rpadovani