Re: <Blink> or WebKit ?

Google forked WebKit into Blink because most of its features (such as the
Javascript engine, or the Chrome/ium multi-process engine) were already
replaced by their own code, meaning a full-blown WebKit included in
Chrome/ium would simply take up precious place. The main goal of Blink is
to provide that simplistic layer of WebKit to Chrome/ium what it actually
uses, and optimize it for that exact role (and in the future, extend it
further with new, actually used features).

Also Blink as of now is not much different from WebKit - the main change,
the removal of nearly 7000 files, 7 build systems (and if I recall
correctly, approx. 200 million lines of code) will only commence in the
future. So right now it is not a big change, but in the future it might be
a viable option, especially if Canonical plans on using Chrome/ium's other
features in the built-in browser (such as the V8 JavaScript engine), it
might be ideal to use Blink.