Re: [Design] Responding to orientation

And to make the apps developers lives easier the Ubuntu UI Toolkit has added a simple way to enable automatic rotation of an app depending on the orientation of the device. If you are using MainView then simply set the 'automaticOrientation' property to true:

http://developer.ubuntu.com/api/ubuntu-12.10/qml/mobile/qml-ubuntu-components0-mainview.html#automaticOrientation-prop

Just make sure that your app layout responds well to size changes and it is likely that it will also respond well to orientation changes (changing the orientation is equivalent to changing the aspect ratio of the app window, width becomes the height and height becomes the width).

Florian