Re: How does the terminal app work?

On 05/03/2013 02:54 PM, Daniel Holm wrote:

Hi everyone,

How does the terminal application work for Ubuntu Touch?

I've looked trough the code, but I'm interested how the commands work. Both the sending, and receiving of the output.

I've seen kterm and some kind of kde library loaded and I suppose thats it, but couldn't this also be used to run system commands in the background too?

I've earlier asked how to run system commands from inside an QML app. But since I don't know C++, nor do I care to learn it, I'm looking for other ways.

Yours sincerely,
Daniel

QML runtime is pretty limited, so you have two choices if you want to start a background proceses:

 * Learn C++ and implement a wrapper around the system function or QProcess
 * Wait for someone else to create it for you.