Re: [Ubuntu Phone] Ports?

I'll reply in sequence to your question AFAIK:
1) no, because the method of building CM involves a lot of patches done by
canonical, synced and merged automagically by phablet-tools
2) the ubuntu rootfs (AKA the big ~400MB zip on the ubuntu download site)
already contain a swap file, but your idea isn't really bad. After all it's
always linux.
3) at this time ubuntu doesn't seems to look at the entire sdcard, but only
to a minimum part due to its state of "developer preview"
4) ubuntu uses the android base only to boot and for the android
compatibility, after this there's no android sign in the booted system

Gianguido Sorà