Re: 3G support also mean call support over 3G, or just data?

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 3:37 AM,  <folabiklan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In addition I would like to clarify if ports now have working gsm too and if
> not, will they ever have?
>
> Accurate information is becoming an issue for the public because there are
> large gaps and huge expectations.
>
> For instance there is talk about lots of Samsung phones that supposedly will
> never get radio working without sources from Samsung. And precisely how
> anyone will get those from Samsung is unclear considering some of those
> devices are two years old and Samsung had not released them.
>
> It would be weird to eventually find out only nexus and dedicated hardware
> will run touch.

We don't necessarily need the sources here, as we're using the Android
RIL to talk with the modem. As long your device supports a recent
Android version (e.g. CM10.1), you should be good (unless there are
specifics that needs to be done for your hardware).

We're working with the Nexus family because it's easily from a
developer perspective, but nothing blocks us from using a different
hardware.

Also, remember that Galaxy Nexus uses a Samsung based hardware and modem.

--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo