Testing ubuntu touch

Hi guys.

I've been monitoring ubuntu touch progress from the original preview video
and since I've got nexus 4 and am an qt developer I thought maybe I could
do something useful with it.
Since I don't know what's the right place to start, or what I want, I'm
writing here.

What's the latest development build and what are the branches where I can
test some new features?
I've tested current image following these instructions
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install but that didn't look like the latest
software, and in the end, after I rebooted it once, ui shell didn't start
up anymore (ssh worked) which is another problem since I don't know where
to look for info after one day of looking at many places.
I've also wanted to test core apps in development following wiki from
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-touch-coreapps-drivers/+archive/daily but
couldn't get them to show in launcher (which is the reason why I thought:
hey, let's try rebooting).

Anyway, I hope at least this is the right mailing list (following wiki),
and if somebody could point me somewhere, that would be great.

Cheers.

Follow ups