Card style multitasking

With our current multitasking system, swiping from the right switches to
the previous application.

This is good.

When we swipe marginally from the left, it brings up the dock. Swiping all
the way to the right returns us home (specifically, to the apps page). What
if swiping marginally from the right switched to the previous one, but
swiping fully from the right brought us to the a card style app switcher
similar to what webOS and now iOS 7 have implemented? It seems like an
elegant extension of swiping from the left, to assume that swipe distance
on the right similarly impacts the effect. A short swipe from the right
would allow you to quickly switch to the previous app as well, so not
impacting functionality.

I know this might be considered redundant, but I still thought it was worth
mentioning. You are free to discard this idea fully.

--
Sincerely,
    Josh

Follow ups