Re: [Design] Page stack back gesture

Yeah I'm a "me too" on the concern that the "back" button is too hidden given it's frequent use. Perhaps we won't need "back" so much in this new environment?

In any case, with gestures we need to be very mindful of how apps are going to operate. We don't want to offer a gesture that might look anything like something you might do in reasonable use of some app that doesn't exist on this platform yet. Think about about what you do on the screen when say, using a map, drawing a picture, moving a piece in a game etc, etc. I think gestures coming in from the edge are fairly safe, but the main screen area is for the app...

Having said that, I'd like a back button|gesture|mind control interface somewhere. The title bar can get crowded, and needs that clean style, but so far that seems like fair game.

Now that I think about it, the Android apps "OMG Ubuntu!" and "Feedly" both use a nice tight little "<" like symbol in the top left title bar to navigate back. It's small but visually clean, consistent and works. Yeah, that's my preference.

Till later,
Scott.
    Scott May.
    scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx