Re: Possible Budget Ubuntu phone

I would expect that we would start seeing cheaper phones that could handle
Ubuntu Touch by the end of the year. You may also be interested in this
video, in which a representative from Allwinner (a maker of less expensive
ARM-based processors for cheap tablets and phones) talks about the fact
that they're working with Ubuntu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1WJzDT7k4k

The quote comes towards the end of the interview, which was shot this past
Mobile World Congress in February, 2013.