Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:38:56 +0100
From: ryanteck@xxxxxxxxx
To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ubuntu-phone] Possible Budget Ubuntu phone

Hi,I was wondering if Ubuntu will have / support *Budget Phones* (Being £100 or less),
The main budget phones I have seen before are the Samsung Galaxy Ace & Galaxy Mini along with the Europa being the cheapest out of all of them.

Today Vodafone in the UK released a new budget phone (Details @ http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/vodafone-smart-mini-black#/specifications) . It seems to have a 1Ghz Arm chip with 512MB of RAM. But it runs 4.1,

So my question is will it be possible for any budget phones? When first announced I think I saw the recommended being a quad core with a minimum of a dual core both with 1GB of RAM.

Unfortunately I can't buy the Vodafone Smart Mini as I don't have the money but possibly someone else may want to buy it to try and port Ubuntu Phone to it?

Thanks -
Ryan Walmsley
Email: Ryanteck@gmail.comSkype: Ryanteck
Website: Http://ryanteck.org.uk