Re: Left handed usage

My thoughts.

Pros:

   - Would imply a level of customization rarely present in other mobile
   OSes
   - Could be used as a framework for allowing other forms of customization
   in the Settings app
   - Allows a person to use it how they feel is most comfortable
   - Probably good for community health as a whole
   - App switching metaphor would be improved, as "back" is generally
   considered to the left for many people, so going back from the left side
   makes perfect sense.

Cons:

   - Would make one Ubuntu phone inconsistent from the next (when borrowing
   friends' phones for whatever reason)
   - Diverting development resources from higher priority issues could have
   a negative impact on the release schedule.
   - Could create issues in the future, as any increase in functionality
   has a resulting burden in maintenance.

Obviously I'm in favor of this option being available to users, I just
don't want it done under the pretense that the current design is
ineffective for left handed users, when there seems to be little evidence
of this.