Re: Left handed usage

On 13/06/13 15:47, Josh Leverette wrote:
> If there is not an issue with left handed usage, then it is an
> excuse. It is not an assumption or implication. Based on other
> handed usage to be no more difficult than right handed usage. Right
> handed usage has its own problems. I am definitely talking about
> one handed thumb usage.
>
> It is good to voice your concerns, but I'm still not convinced this
> is an issue. Can you link to this discussion thread on OmgUbuntu?
> It would be good see.
>

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Zisu Andrei <matzipan@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:matzipan@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
> It sounds to me like this is yet another excuse people are
> providing for Canonical to allow the launcher to be moved around on
> the screen to different locations
>

> Please stop implying and assuming things.
>
> Are you sure you are talking about one-handed thumb usage? Moving
> my thumb over the entire height of the screen on the left side is
> not the most pleasant...
>
> Zisu Andrei
>

> On 13 June 2013 15:33, Rasmus Eneman <Rasmus@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:Rasmus@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
> Personaly I think it's equally simple with both ands and I'm right
> handed however for the phone I can use any hand whithout problem
>
> On Jun 13, 2013 4:27 PM, "Zisu Andrei" <matzipan@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:matzipan@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
> I think the launcher is going to be a bit difficult to reach with
> your thumb.
>
> Zisu Andrei
>

> On 13 June 2013 15:15, Josh Leverette <coder543@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:coder543@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
> I'm not left handed, but as gestures are coming equally from all
> sides of the display I don't think there is any special
> inconvenience for left handed people versus right handed people. A
> quick test shows I don't seem to have any trouble controlling the
> regions of the screen that Ubuntu touch uses, whether with my left
> or right hand. What issues are you concerned about, specifically?
> and how is it right hand oriented?
>
> Sincerely, Josh
>
> On Jun 13, 2013 9:12 AM, "Zisu Andrei" <matzipan@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:matzipan@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> This issue was raised on the omgubuntu article about the latest
> preview.
>
> I haven't seen this tackled by the design team. What is the plan
> for left handed usage?
>
> The current design is pretty much right hand oriented.
>
> Zisu Andrei

> ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-phone More help   :
> https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

> ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-phone More help   :
> https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

> -- Sincerely, Josh

As a lefthander who has the galaxy nexus with Ubuntu Touch on it, I
can tell you the only thing I have any issues with is the swipe from
right to left to change between apps, the launcher is not a problem at
all.

The only issue with the swipe from right to left is the thumb needs to
change angle twice to complete the swipe this is much easier in the
right hand than the left. But not impossible just slightly more clunky.
- --
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)
http://www.ubuntu.com