Re: Lookup incoming calls number and show in notification?

Hi

On 06/17/2013 04:45 AM, Michael Zanetti wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I don't think its possible through QML only yet. On the N9 this was possible
> by connecting to the telepathy service on D-Bus (only in C++). Not even sure
> if that's already working Ubuntu Touch yet.
>
> I'll give it a shot at some point as I need it for my application too. I'll
> need it only from C++ but once that works, it shouldn't be much efforts to wrap
> it in a QML plugin.
>
> Gustavo, do you know about the plans regarding such functionaliry? Will apps
> have (probably read-only) access to the telepathy D-Bus interface that signals
> incoming calls?
I don't know yet what are the plans regarding exposing the Telepathy
DBus interfaces, but indeed that's the way it should be done.

Right now there is no way to replace the piece of code that places the
snap decision (the dialog to accept/reject a call), but using the
standard Telepathy interfaces one could write an observer (a read-only
client) that would be notified when an incoming call is available.

The QML plugin from the phone application already registers an Observer
and with some code changes it could be used to notify QML code about
incoming calls (it doesn't support that right now because we simply
don't need it from the QML side yet).

I think the idea is to expose some of the functionality to 3rdparty apps
via QML plugins and C++ APIs, but those are not defined yet.

> Br,
> Michael
>
> On Sunday 16 June 2013 19:22:56 Daniel Holm wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On my Android phone, today, I have an application which in English is
>> named "Who Called" (Vem Ringde). This app is used to display information
>> about a number - perhaps an incoming call, and you don't recognize the
>> number / its not in your contacts. Also you can start it up and search
>> the recently called numbers.
>>
>> I do very much appreciate this app since I get information about who it
>> is that calls, and I can choose to decline the call if it is a sales
>> person, for example. Now I would like to do the same thing for Ubuntu
>> Touch (for Swedish users at least, but it'll be open source, so any one
>> can use it) and I need some help.
>>
>> I have a database with number (Creative Commons from vemringde.se) that
>> I can call by Xmlhttprequest, but I need to know if I can hook into an
>> incoming call and do a search of the number, and display some info in a
>> new notification together with the one that you can either decline or
>> accept the call in.
>>
>> So: How do run an app on an incoming call; how do I pass the number
>> trough the app; and how do I display a notification?
>>
>> Using QML only. No C++, thank you.

Cheers

Boiko