Re: opengl?

Hmm. If this is discouraged, then I would strongly encourage Canonical to
provide an OpenGL game app example in the developer documentation... one
showing "the right way" to do it. Having good games is the biggest obstacle
to Ubuntu touch's adoption that Canonical has absolutely no direct control
over, but providing a sample would go a long way towards encouraging
development in that area. (all of the aforementioned is, of course, my
personal opinion.)