Re: Let's talk: Root access, updates, OEM skins, and bloatware. [Canonical] [design] [development]

Suggestion: If it is *always* possible to "upgrade" to the previous upgrade
image, or to the factory image, without any user data loss, then carriers
would likely be more willing to push out updates in a timely manner. If
things start falling apart, they can either push out the previous upgrade
image again, or they can tell customers to push a button that upgrades them
to the previous image (or factory). Less liability for a rotten update,
since all harm can be undone. With Android, if they push an update out and
it causes terrible battery life or any other negative symptom, they can't
undo it, and they can't downgrade those phones.