Re: [Design][RSS reader] List view

On 06/19/2013 04:58 PM, Lisette Slegers wrote:
In the list view for Shorts (all topics) the top n items for each topic
are shown under topic subheaders. In a single topic view, there are
subheaders for each source inside a topic. Below the subheaders, items
are ordered new to old.

In the grid view, items are not grouped by topic or source. The items
are a mix of all the topics topics / sources and are ordered new to old.
We should test if this works with real data of course! :)

I would like it better if the list view simply changed the layout of the items, but had the same behaviour as the grid view, that is if it showed the items without grouping and sorted by time only.

I think that sorting/grouping is an orthogonal question to the view type, and would be better handled by a separate setting.

At least, as an ex Google Reader user, I like to read items from all sources in the topic I choose, mixed and sorted by time.

Ciao,
  Alberto