how do you feel about touch

After know the ARCH of android, which is using java as the framework, I feel a little disappointed. That means that with the hardware, android won't be as smooth as IOS, which is on the native framework.
From that day, I'm looking forward to a better android. At first, I'm thinking about the combination of android and meego, just like what touch does today. Luckly, I found touch, so I don't need to move a long way to get my goal.
Since I don't have a working touch handset, I hope people using touch can share your feeling with me. Would it be faster and smoother with touch than android?

Follow ups