[Design] Official Designs

We have 12 listed core apps, and only a third of them are getting attention
(design-wise) currently. When the core apps initiative was announced, I was
under the impression that the design would be guided by the hand of the
community for basics and then taken and expanded upon by the design team.

Recently, however, I've been reading the posts by Michael Hall on his blog
about the time frames for these apps. Now he's done all the ritual apps, I
see a note that the weather app will be the last to get the signature
"suru" style.

Can we get some clarification on what this entails?

Does this mean that "suru" only applies to ritual-type apps? Does this mean
the design team are going to ignore the other 8 apps? Are we going to have
different design languages for different types of apps? Should the
community be trying to emulate the design language set up by those apps for
everything? Will the music app, which I remember was supposed to be
developed in-house originally be getting "official" designs?

I don't wish to come off rude by asking all this, I am simply curious what
route things are taking as I know that the original target was to have the
coreapps at 1.0 for 13.10 and if we're waiting on designs for 8 other apps
(10, really since not all the ritual apps designs have been delivered upon)
... well it's coming down to the wire.

I know we've all seen the community-proposed music app design floating
around... Is that what determines what a suru app is or isn't? Because the
ritual apps make sense in the portrait form-factor... But something like
files could potentially be a proper desktop app as well and would benefit
from multiple design aspects. Can we expect more designs just accounting
for the fact that the other eight apps may do better with more form-factors?

Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback.