From:  "Benjamin Tegge"<benjaminosm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Date:  Thu, Jun 20, 2013 10:50 AM
To:  "leon lee"<llrraa@xxxxxx>;
Cc:  "ubuntu-phone"<ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Subject:  Re: [Ubuntu-phone] how do you feel about touch

Hello Leon,

Prejudices are not a good conversation starter if you seek for valuable advice. Just because you heard that Android runs some flavour of Java and you personally have never heard about anything  good coming from Java doesn't mean that performance of apps running on top of Android is or will always be poor. You can also write poor performing code for other languages and platforms or you could write blazing fast performing code that nobody wants to use.

Ubuntu Touch is still in early pre-release/development stage. Some of the core components are not even ready for dogfooding the developers and early adopter community. Even after the initial release in October Ubuntu Touch will evolve like the other leading mobile platforms have during the past years and continue to do so.

If you're interested in seeing Ubuntu Touch mature day by day get a Nexus phone and start your journey. If you want to get into developing apps that are ready for prime time and publish them so that a lot of people can use them immediately then Android is a good choice. Some of the videos about Android from the past Google IO events are worth watching, because they explain that there is more needed for an app to become successful/usable than just plain performance. Learning how users interact with software and devices is time well spent. And you probably get to know what the competition does wrong and how to improve the status quo.

Regards, Benjamin

Follow ups