Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:06:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] browser does not support webgl
From: coder543@xxxxxxxxx
To: luke32j@xxxxxxx
CC: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WebKit is rapidly becoming the standard for the internet, and I'm not sure what quirks you're talking about. However, if they're developing their own browser, then by definition it cannot be Firefox. If someone develops an alternative browser, nothing will stop you from using it.

Right now, no one offers Firefox for mobile through the Ubuntu UI, so making it even optional would prove to be extremely difficult.
Sincerely,

Josh

Please don't tell me default web browser is webkit?
Won't Firefox be default, or at least have an option to install Firefox on the Ubuntu-phone, like the desktop Ubuntu? I've had enough experiences trying to track down weird webkit quirks that I would prefer not to use it exclusively on a phone.

Best regards,
Luke