Re: Qt5 and touch performance issue

If ways of navigation are completely different, then I would doubt how touch would be successful in the market. People are familiar with android and ios, how would people go choose one thing that's completely different, and with just a few apps. Unless touch is as innovative as ios in 2007, and the marketing people are as good as Jobs.
I hope the marketing people have thought about this.

From:  "Alfred Neumayer"<dev.beidl@xxxxxxxxx>;
Date:  Fri, Jun 21, 2013 09:22 PM
To:  "ubuntu-phone"<ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;

Subject:  Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Qt5 and touch performance issue

                   You are making it sound easier than it actually is.

     The effort that would be required to have a decently working     Android-compatibility layer is
     not worth the hassle IMO, since it would put us in the same category     as Windows 8, where you have 2 completely different types of apps     (Desktop & "Metro" apps : Ubuntu SDK & Android apps).

     I would not want to have 2 completely different types of apps with     completely different ways of navigation and fundamental technical     differences on my smart phone.
     What value does app compatibility bring if the user experience is     crap?