Re: Trojita as the official Ubuntu Touch email client

Am 22.06.2013 13:19, schrieb Matt Richardson:
> I'm interested to know what the plans are for the official email client
> for Ubuntu Touch.
>
> Some months ago I began to write an Ubuntu Touch front-end for Trojita
> (an IMAP email client).
> At the time I raised the issue of a lack of POP3 support, but the
> official word was that it is not a requirement [1] so I began work.
> However, I have recently reviewed the blueprint for the Ubuntu Touch
> email client [2] and noticed that it states:
> "Must Have: I want to add/modify email settings for a *POP3*/IMAP account"
>
> Am I therefore wasting my time (assuming that I would like to work on
> the official client)?
> Is POP3 a must, but not initially?
>
> The other concern I have is that Jan (Trojita's lead developer) has said
> that POP3 support would have to be built by someone else, but I don't
> have the skills to do this, so I would need someone else to work with me
> on this project.

There is also the Qt messagingframework which supports both IMAP and
POP3 and has proper QML integration (see [0]). I don't know wether it
already works with qt5 but should be really worth a look.

regards,
Simon

[0]: https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-labs/messagingframework

--