Re: [Design] Page stack back gesture

On 06/24/2013 03:18 AM, Michel Renon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm late to answer on this topic, but I've made some mockups :
>
> - first is about a back button in an overlay :
> http://www.mr-consultant.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/proposal_back_button_1.jpg
>

> - second is about a back gesture (already proposed in this thread)
> Please note that the gesture would be similar to notification's one :
> with one gesture, the user can reveal the toolbar  and/or begin the
> back animation : it depends of the quantity of horizontal movement ;
> user should be able to alternate live from one to other.
>
> http://www.mr-consultant.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/proposal_back_gesture_1.jpg
>

> And IMHO, the user should have choice of back method :
> - a button in the toolbar
> - a button in an overlay
> - gesture
> - something else ?...
>

> You can find all informations in the blog post :
> http://www.mr-consultant.net/blog/2013/06/ubuntu-touch-about-the-back-button/
>

> Cheers,
>
> Michel

I like that for fullscreen applications. However, I think that for
applications that have a header, the back button could nicely integrate
into that. This is the way Android does it, and I find it very easy to
use. Also users coming from Android would find it natural.

Here is a mockup: http://i.imgur.com/sJYzBGw.png

--
Michael Spencer - ibeliever.github.io

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Proverbs 3:5-6