Re: [design] Intended usage of the page stack navigation model

On 06/26/2013 08:33 AM, Josh Leverette wrote:
> I'd also like to see some official opinions from the design team about
> all of this. Solid Explorer (the best file manager on Android) uses a
> single view rather than a page stack, and it works very well, but I
> have no opinion about whether a page stack is good or bad for a file
> manager. It seems like it might be appropriate for a file manager, but
> it also might not be.

I'm thinking maybe using a flat navigation model might be better (this
is what the file manager currently has), with buttons to navigate up the
directory structure in the file manager page. That way, new tabs could
be added, such as Bookmarks/Favorites, Shared Folders, Networked
Folders, etc.

Any thoughts?

--
Michael Spencer - ibeliever.github.io

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Proverbs 3:5-6