Re: [Design] The "Don't Bug Me Unless You Have a Super Reason" Use Case. Anticipated?

On Wednesday, 2013-06-26, Randall Ross wrote:
> Confession time!  I *dislike* interruptive communications. If it's not
> an emergency, and it's not worth scheduling, then it's not worth a phone
> call.
>
> Evidently, I'm not the only one:
> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/weblog/2013/01/16/
>
> With the Ubuntu Phone coming soon(ish), perhaps we have the opportunity
> to do something to address this blight. From my unscientific market
> scan, no competitor seems interested in giving phone "users" control of
> when they can be interrupted and by whom and at what cost (to
> attention). This is culturally entrenched in the voice carrier culture
> who love airtime charges and your money. Anyone remember old rotary dial
> telephones that were hard-wired into your home with no "off" switch? I do.
>
> With all that said, what are some ideas on how to reclaim our phones?
> Has this use case been anticipated? I'm happy to roll up my sleeves and
> participate in the design process, but I want to make sure I'm not
> duplicating effort first.

I heard some of my friends claim that Android Tasker can do that.
Obviously something shipped with the phone would be really nice. Always wished
phones would acquire that functionality which has been around in instant
messangers for over a decade (presence modes, presence overrides)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring