Re: [devel] [development] Qt 5.1

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Josh Leverette <coder543@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2013/07/03/qt-5-1-released/
>
> Qt 'widgets' and Qt Sensors both seem like they could be beneficial to some
> extent, among other things.

We already have Qt Sensors, a snapshot from May which is quite near
final 5.1. Qt Sensors saw its first official release now with 5.1, but
we shipped it even before.

Qt Quick Layouts / Controls would indeed be possibly interesting. Some
people have already expressed interest in the Qt Serial Port.

The Qt 5.1 beta1 is testable at
https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-beta-proper
for Ubuntu 13.10 (saucy) users. I'd start uploading Qt 5.1 final there
now, but I have a build problem already with the final qtbase which
makes it non-trivial. However most of the interesting parts including
Quick Controls / Layouts are already there for testing, just in beta1
form.

Qt 5.1 will need extensive testing on both desktop and mobile before
considering to upload it in to archives. One known blocker is LP:
#1157213 (Port appmenu support to Qt5 QPA) in order not to regress, so
it will take some time still. 5.1.1 timeframe has been thought as a
good estimate, and we'd also get the newest upstream bugfixes for the
possible regressions.

-Timo