Re: [design] [development] Some thoughts about Ubuntu touch on the Nexus 10

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Josh Leverette <coder543@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> *I'm honestly a huge supporter of Ubuntu touch, but this experience was
> not inspiring. I have lost confidence that the tablet version will be ready
> at all for the fall release cycle... maybe by next spring. On the other
> hand, the phone version looks to be quite close to complete.*

Josh, thanks for testing out the image, but please bear a few things in
mind:

 1) This is in-development software; many things are broken, and when you
find broken things, that is really helpful, but please file bugs. Bugs are
a lot more useful than mailing list posts and will help get these issues
onto the radar of our developers.
 2) You are likely to see more bugs right now on tablet as the core focus
at the moment is on the phone. The development team are focusing on getting
the phone spun up (although this is all built within the converged
codebase) and then when the phone is largely in place they will go and
resolve tablet-related issues. As such, expect a buggier tablet experience.
I know this sucks if you have a tablet, but we have to centralize the team
around one of the device types first (phone) to ensure we are not all
fragmented across different form factors.

Again, thanks for the feedback, but if you can file these as bugs and
follow up with those bug reports as our devs respond, that would be really
helpful. :-)

Thanks,

   Jono

--