Re: Any chance of a new porting guide?

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM, John Nelson <thatguruguy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A few months ago I did a port for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (based
> partially upon the work of others). It worked well enough that I posted the
> wiki entry in the "devices" section
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices/p3110) and listed it as a working
> device.
>
> Approximately a month ago, it stopped working with the daily builds, and
> booted to a black screen. I promised the testers on the xda forum to get a
> new build out.
>
> Two days ago I did a complete rebuild of all repositories and started from
> scratch. Following the tutorial in the wiki, I ended up with a somewhat
> smaller build than before. Now, however, it doesn't even get to the black
> screen, but instead hangs on the Samsung logo. Since it never gets into a
> working system of any kind, I can't even figure out how to pull logs to
> determine what's causing the problem.

That's interesting, seems the Android part is crashing before actually
getting to the shell. Not sure if this is due something we changed,
seems to be with your kernel/drivers.

W/libEGL  (  264): eglInitialize(0x1) failed (EGL_BAD_ALLOC)

^^

> If there are things that have changed w/r/t the way the ports need to be
> built, it would be helpful if the porting guide was updated to reflect those
> changes.

We'll be publishing a new guide hopefully by the end of this week, but
now showing how to build flipped images (ubuntu booting first).

Cheers.
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo