Re: Fwd: Remove TI/panda support

On 16 July 2013 14:42, Jani Monoses <jani@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Jani Monoses <jani@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> device/ti/panda seems not to be needed by our official devices, this
>>> patch removes it from the default manifest
>>

>> What do we benefit from removing it?
>>
>> Seems to me like it doesn't impact anything by being there, but rather
>> allows users to build for that device should they choose to.
>
> The impact while small is the extra repo fetched even when not needed
> so some network and disk overhead and
> the possible confusion while browsing the source tree.
> AIUI there was a push to remove git repos that are not used by default
> and this patch came in response to favorable comments specifically
> about removing panda.

pi/panda is needed by gcc-arm-androideabi cross-toolchain package.
At the moment it is using it's own linaro copy, but ideally I'd like
it to use the phablet sources instead.
Because ultimately, I'd like us to only maintain one repo forest of
android source code, instead of multiple forks.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.