[design] Reasons for removed features?

I would like to know the reasoning behind the removal of a couple of
features, or whether they are regressions and should be reported as
such.

The first is the removal of the close button from the HUD. It doesn't
make sense not having a convenient way to close from within the app.

At the moment, to close an app and switch back to the previous app, I
must swipe back to the apps lens, press & hold the app, click, swipe to
the home lens, swipe back to the apps lens, and click the other app.
	Previously, all I had to do was swipe up to the hud, and click the
close button.

I've seen a quit command in the hud in the notes app, so maybe this is
supposed to be the new design, but I've not seen it implemented reliably
across all apps yet.

The other thing that's missing is the drap 'n' hold behaviour with the
dash. With this behaviour, it was quick and easy to open things like the
phone app or camera from the greeter.

With this behaviour, it's typically easier to go to the apps lens than
use the dash. Consequently, I've not used the dash since this behaviour
was removed.