Re: [feature request/question] Encrypted email/sms support?

NSA? Really? Before or after the recent hoopla with Verizon and others? Echoing another's point. Yes security has become a big hot word lately, and for good reason.

Just a non-dev comment,  I use SMS a lot. It depends who I'm talking to, when, and where.

The person stating that 3g/4g is more reliable obviously doesn't live in the rural country side. You can send a SMS with one bar of 1x signal and no 3g. But IM's become almost useless at that signal level. So I use SMS a lot. And encryption would be extremely welcome, especially if it was compatible with the Android options.
Though a good IM chat with encryption support would be a good second option for even higher security.