Re: GSettings schemas for phone/tablet settings

On 13-07-18 12:12 PM, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le 18/07/2013 17:29, Marc Deslauriers a écrit :
>> FYI, App developers will not be able to use GSettings in the current version of
>> the SDK because of application confinement.
>
> Hey Marc,
>
> The specific usecase there is having the touch system settings application set
> up a few "system settings", that would include e.g:
> - the background image (read by unity8)
> - the ringtone (read by the phone-app)
> - things like "silent mode" that should be respected by a few applications
> (phone, messaging, ...)
>
> The gsettings restriction doesn't apply to the core applications, right? Which
> means we should be fine for what we have been doing?

Yes, core applications that ship with the device, like unity, the phone-app,
etc. will be run unconfined. We'll probably confine some of the standalone core
applications though, such as the calculator.

> Some of some might just need to get a proper api if they are going to be things
> applications need to read though...

Yes, some of the settings, such as the proxy, should probably get a proper API.

Marc.