Re: [feature request/question] Encrypted email/sms support?

I don't think asymmetric encryption increases the size of the messages. If
you write long messages, you're going to have a long message. Even if it
did, I seem to recall most people agreeing that it is very useful in rural
areas to be able to use actual SMS, since data coverage would not be
available at all. In a number of countries, SMS is much cheaper than data,
also.

--
Sincerely,
    Josh